I’ve never met a person who didn’t like Brinner. Breakfast for dinner – brilliant. One of my all time favorite ways to do this is to make breakfast sandwiches. This could technically fall under the category of “quick and easy dinners” because it takes all of 30 minutes from start to finish. It couldn’t be easier: Fry up two slices of bacon per person, fry and egg to your preference and melt a slice of your favorite cheese over the egg. (I like smoked gouda). Toast an English Muffin and put it all together in a beautiful sandwich – for dinner! If you really want to ramp this up, have some peach or cranberry chutney on the table for the muffins. A little hack I like to use for the egg is to spray the ring of a mason jar lid with a little cooking spray and set it in your skillet. Crack the egg into the ring and it will fry in a neat and tidy little circle – perfectly sized and shaped for your sandwich! Make sure to spray it, though. You’ll have a sticky mess if you don’t.
Category: At Home, Recipes
- For each sandwich:
- 2 slices of bacon , fried
- 1 egg, fried
- 1 slice cheese of choice
- 1 English Muffin, toasted and buttered
- Jam or chutney to serve
- Fry slices of bacon in a skillet over medium/high heat.
- Drain grease form the skillet and fry eggs in the same pan.
- As soon as you flip your eggs, lay slice of cheese over the egg as it finishes cooking.
- Toast and butter muffin while egg finishes.
- Ad optional chutney or jam to muffin before assembling.
- Assemble sandwiches with bacon, egg and cheese.